As we all know, forklift tires have a significant impact on the performance of your equipment. If you maintain good maintenance habits for a long time, you can increase productivity, reduce costs and improve the safety of forklifts.
Unless you know how to prevent and detect signs of damage, new forklift tires will experience abnormal wear in a short period of time. So what will you do? Global excel tyres co.,ltd’s years of professional experience will tell you how to choose and prolong the service life of forklift tires, and find and eliminate safety hazards in time.
Global excel tyres co.,ltd is a manufacturer, sales and service enterprise of industrial, engineering, agricultural, truck and bus tires. Its product range covers industrial equipment such as forklifts, air handling equipment, mining equipment, construction machinery, etc. Over the past ten years, the R&D, production and sales teams of Friendway brand tires have gained rich experience in cooperation with well-known equipment manufacturers and customers in the replacement market around the world. , Engineering equipment manufacturers have established a long-term close supporting cooperation relationship. In addition to China, it has also established cooperative service and distribution centers in Europe, Australia, the Americas, Southeast Asia, South Asia, and Latin American countries and regions to provide timely products and services for local supporting and distribution customers, and have obtained good local Growth and reputation. With advanced production equipment in the industry, an experienced management team, and international technical experts and consultants who are world-renowned in the tire industry, Friendlyway tires are sure to provide you with more professional and competitive tire products and solutions.
- Master the maintenance skills of forklift tires
The correct maintenance of tires can help you maximize your return on investment. The following are some suggestions that can prolong the service life of tires and forklifts or improve the use effect:
- Choose suitable tires for the working conditions and environment: you can choose the appropriate tire type according to different working conditions and use environments;
1) For example, working outdoors, in good road conditions, and working distances (500 meters or more), it is recommended that you choose pneumatic tires. Although solid tires can basically avoid the safety hazards caused by pneumatic tire blowouts, it is difficult to withstand long distances. Internal heat generated by uninterrupted operation;
2) In more cases, it is recommended to use solid tires. In addition to not requiring pneumatic tire pressure maintenance, solid tires also have no safety hazards caused by blowouts of pneumatic tires. High-quality solid tires are cost-effective, maintenance-free and longer. The replacement cycle and other aspects are much better than pneumatic tires; under conditions of moderate working strength, distance and load, solid tires with side holes with higher shock absorption effect are a good choice for better safety and comfort. .
3) For forklifts that carry out handling operations in a clean room, it is recommended that you choose light-colored solid tires with no markings, which can greatly reduce the obvious black marks left by the forklift on the ground during load transportation, especially when steering or emergency braking.
4) In a working environment with hazardous chemicals or dust explosion risks, it is extremely important to choose a specially formulated explosion-proof tire. Specially formulated explosion-proof tires with conductive properties (rubber is usually an insulator) can be used when the vehicle is running. The generated static electricity should be directed to the ground in time to better avoid static electricity
Accumulation creates potential safety hazards. When choosing run-flat tires, it is best to select and assemble under the guidance of professionals.
- Carry out operation training for fork drivers
Poor operating habits will put your equipment in a dangerous state and will accelerate tire wear. It is recommended that you conduct professional training for forklift operators-forklift certification and safety plan training, which will be very effective. Safety training is an effective way to protect team members and prevent accidents and increase costs. Regular training can keep the skills of forklift operators at the highest level.
- Regularly check tires
Pay attention to observing early signs of tire damage, which can prevent unnecessary tire replacement. Check tires at least–times a week. The inspection items are:
1) Whether there are metal chips, broken glass or other impurities on the tire surface that can cause early damage to the tire;
2) Check whether the tire rubber has slight cracks, early delamination and block loss, to avoid accidents and unnecessary maintenance costs. If found, please eliminate it before using it.
- How do you inspect the forklift and tires, it only takes 5-10 minutes each time. It is recommended to inspect each time before using the forklift:.
1) Check all forklift tires for the signs of damage described above;
2) Check whether the air pressure of the pneumatic tire is within the normal range. Excessive high or low inflation pressure will cause abnormal operation of the tire. Excessive high and low tires are prone to puncture, which will cause safety threats to personnel on site;
3) Whether the wheel installation position is correct;
4) Ensure that the brake and control system functions are in a normal state.
5) In busy work situations, whether pneumatic tires or solid tires are used, and the game is in the sky, the tire temperature should be checked every 2 hours. If the temperature is too high, the temperature should be lowered in time or the operation should be suspended. Prevent scalds during inspection (the puncture temperature of the tire is usually 100 degrees Celsius)
- Adjust the brake
The wheels on the forklift are part of the braking system. Improper adjustment of the brake will cause excessive heat accumulation in the contact part of the wheel hub and the tire. The final result is that the heat accumulation continues to increase and the tire bursts, and the rim and tire are separated and safety accidents occur.
- Prevent overload
Overloading is a common cause of premature tire damage, tire blowout and separation of tires and wheels. When the counterbalanced forklift is working under load, the load should not exceed the specified range. This can ensure that the front and rear forces of the forklift are within the bearing range of the tires, effectively ensuring the service life of the tires.
- Avoid standing still for a long time under load condition
If your forklift is stationary for a long time under load (especially heavy load), the tires will have stress concentration points. This phenomenon will cause temporary “out of round bumps” when the tires are used again, that is, the forklift will drive smoothly Sexual decline is severe, and it takes a long time to return to the original state, which
It is one of the characteristics of rubber, resilience and compression set. The serious consequence is the complete failure of the physical and mechanical properties of the tire, that is, the tire is directly scrapped.
- Keep the road in good condition
Forklifts work indoors and outdoors for a long time, and the quality of the road conditions is one of the main reasons that affect the service life of the tires. It is recommended that users clean the working road conditions regularly to ensure the “good condition” of the road conditions; especially the rigid and sharp debris and broken glass , Crushed rocks, etc., which make the tire bear repeated punctures under load and high-speed operation, causing the tire to be damaged in advance.
- Avoid high-temperature road conditions
Tires are rubber products. The high temperature range of the rubber used is 50°C. It is not suitable for long-term contact. Otherwise, the complete network molecular chain structure of the rubber will cause chain scission under the action of high temperature erosion, which means it will lose its physical properties. Mechanical properties, thereby prematurely damaged. When the tire is in use, avoiding the high temperature working environment and maintaining a good rubber state is an effective way to extend the service life.
- Avoid tire stains
In the working process of the tire, it is necessary to avoid all kinds of oil stains. The first is that it will cause the tire to contact the road surface and cause slipping, which will cause safety hazards. The second is that these solvents (oil stains) will cause the tire rubber to swell. It will gradually reduce the performance, causing the rubber to be damaged in advance.
If it is contaminated with oil stains, it should be cleaned up in time to keep a clean and dry surface; when the use environment inevitably has oil stains (solvent), special oil-resistant formulas can be customized.
- Reasonable time to replace forklift tires
- The tire wear exceeds the wear mark
There will be a wear mark line on the sidewall of the forklift tire. Please replace the tire within this mark line in time during use. When it is used close to the wear mark line, it should be replaced.
- Rubber comes off and falls off
During forklift use, if the tire rubber falls off or falls off in a large area, the tire should be replaced immediately; continuous use will cause reduced driving comfort, increased operating intensity, increased energy consumption, and even potential safety hazards.
- Excessive wear area
When the tire rubber has a large area of local wear, or there are many wear parts, the tire should be replaced;
- According to different working conditions, choose suitable tires
The rear wheels (guide wheels) of counterbalanced forklifts bear more load than the front wheels under no-load conditions, because the fork rollers have counterweights, so if they work for a long time, the rear wheels will be damaged in advance; therefore, check the forklift tires routinely It is very important that the operator of your storage truck should check for wear and damage before each operation. If problems are found in advance, they can “prevent problems before they happen.”
- Replace tires according to specific usage conditions
According to the degree of tire wear and damage:.
- Inflatable solid tire (ordinary solid tire): When worn to the wear mark line, it should be replaced in time;
- Press-fit tires: When the remaining rubber thickness is less than 30%, it should be replaced in time.
- When the tire is seriously damaged or abnormal, it should be replaced in time.Fourth, the necessary replacement of tires is to reduce costs The replacement of tires requires investment, but the new tires will benefit the forklift operator and your factory. There is no doubt that the forklift will achieve maximum efficiency, improve work efficiency and reduce fuel consumption. New tires can also minimize impact. It can create more comfortable driving performance for the operators, they can reduce fatigue and concentrate on work. The necessary replacement can actually reduce maintenance costs, and the replaced tires can improve work efficiency.Although this is a necessary expense, there are several ways to reduce the cost of tire replacement:
- If the use environment permits, you can choose smooth solid tires without patterns, which can increase the contact area between the tire and the ground and reduce the wear speed of the rubber.
- For non-special operating conditions, choosing high-quality solid tires to replace pneumatic tires can greatly extend the replacement time and eliminate a lot of tire maintenance, reduce downtime and improve safety.
- Now that you know how to extend the service life of forklift tires, it is recommended that you follow the correct maintenance methods to maximize its performance and help your forklift choose the appropriate type, thereby improving production efficiency and reducing costs.